The AHSA is strongly committed to our Youth. Our objectives are to promote Arabians as ideal youth horses and to support and encourage youth involvement with Arabian horses both competitively and recreationally.
The Arabian Horse Society of Australia Ltd would like to identify and reward some of our younger and dedicated members of the Arabian horse community who are able to promote the Arabian Horse to the wider community. Applications are now open for 2018 !
Activities would include;
- Organising fund raising activities. This may be as simple as running a face painting stall at the local school fete. Monies raised go back into promotion of youth activities with the Arabian Horse through AHSA, with thirty percent of monies raised going to a reputable charity such as “Buy a Bale”.
- Promoting the Arabian Horse at local open horse events, pony clubs, agricultural shows, local fairs. This may be as simple as setting up a display table / area, handing out pamphlets, chatting to those to attend. Perhaps a talk at a pony club or riding school about the versatility of the Arabian Horse.
- Contributing regular blogs and photos to AHSA for use on our website, print publications and social media pages.
Applicants must be;
- A minimum of fifteen years of age (as at 1/1/18), up to and including twenty five years of age.
- Involved in the Arabian Horse Community in some way.
- A confident speaker and writer.
- Able to travel if required.
Applications and resulting activities will be judged on their individual merit by the Board of Directors of AHSA. Major prizes will be determined by the Board and allocated as it is seen fit. The 2018 Youth Ambassador Application can be found here.
Youth Development Grants
The Arabian Horse Society has Youth Grants available to Affiliate or Youth Groups. In order to be eligible to apply for a Youth Development Grant, the affiliate or youth group must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current, recognised Affiliate or Youth Group of the Arabian Horse Society of Australia.
- Be organising an event specifically for people under the age of 18, or an event that has a clearly defined benefit for people under the age of 18.
Applications for 2018 are now being accepted. Applications can be found here.
The AHSA has formalised Youth Group Sub-Committees and have recently welcomed a new Arabian Horse Youth Group.
The Queensland Arabian Horse Youth Group has formed and had a fantastic first rally. The QAHYG is modelled on the successful Victorian Arabian Horse Youth Group. It is great to see young people enjoying their Arabian horses in a fun, learning environment.
If you would like to be involved with either of these Youth Groups, please contact the co-ordinators:
The Victorian Arabian Horse Youth Group
Co-rdinator: Bridie White
Phone: 0412 254088
Queensland Arabian Horse Youth Group
Co-ordinator: Miranda Beasley
Phone: 0438 176 575
If you are in another state and you would are interested in starting an Arabian Horse Youth Group, please contact the AHSA Office for more information.